Support our Nonprofit Magazine!
Before you start reading... There has never been a time when our community and content was needed more. Unlike other sites, we don't publish sponsored content or share affiliate links. We also don’t run ads on our site and don’t have any paywalls in front of our content–-anyone can access all of it for free.
This means we rely on donations from our community (people like YOU!) to keep our site running. We want to be here to support you all through this pandemic and beyond, which is why we are asking you to consider donating whatever you are able.
A single (or monthly) donation of just $5 will make a HUGE difference and will help keep our nonprofit running so we can continue offering peer support for mental health through our content.
In this video, I discuss developing a healthy relationship with food and exercise in eating disorder recovery. Key takeaways:
- Intuitive Eating is how I rebuilt my relationship with food
- Focus on the “WHY” behind what you eat and when you exercise
- Aim for commitment rather than obsession
All links and other resources mentioned in the video are listed at the bottom of this article.
OTHER VIDEOS IN THIS SERIES:
- “Is Eating Disorder Recovery Possible?” https://youtu.be/VCUK-koIxE0
- “How long does eating disorder recovery take?” https://youtu.be/CwDjkoRuxdo
- “How did I find the courage to share my story?” https://youtu.be/JA77yrbxqiw
Video Links + Resources:
- BOOK: “Intuitive Eating” by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- BOOKS: “Women, Food, and God” and “Breaking Free From Emotional Eating” by Geneen Roth
- Articles on Intuitive Eating: https://liberomagazine.com/?s=intuitive+eating
- ARTICLE “Adjusting to New Foods in Recovery”: https://liberomagazine.com/eatingdisorders/adjusting-new-foods-recovery
- Articles on exercise + ED recovery: https://liberomagazine.com/?s=exercise
- ARTICLE “Exercise in Eating Disorder Recovery: a Personal Trainer’s Perspective”: https://liberomagazine.com/?s=exercise
- VIDEO “Healthy Exercise: Obsession vs. Commitment”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP02haOYwvM
- Libero’s STOP FITSPIRATION campaign: https://liberomagazine.com/stopfitspiration
- @STOPFITSPIRATION on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stopfitspiration
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical professional; I am simply someone who has lived through various mental health struggles. Any opinions (unless stated otherwise) are my own and nothing mentioned in these videos should be considered medical advice. Always talk to a medical professional and/or your own recovery team before making any changes to your lifestyle or treatment plan.
Lauren is the Founder and Editor of Libero. She started Libero in April 2010, when she shared her story about her struggles with an eating disorder and depression. Now Lauren uses her writing and videos to advocate mental health and body positivity. In her spare time, she enjoys makeup artistry, playing Nintendo, and taking selfies with her furbaby, Zoey.
SITE DISCLAIMER: The opinions and information shared in this article or any other Content on our site may not represent that of Libero Network Society. We hold no liability for any harm that may incur from reading content on our site. Please always consult your own medical professionals before making any changes to your medication, activities, or recovery process. Libero does not provide emergency support. If you are in crisis, please call 1-800-784-2433 or another helpline or 911.