In this video, I discuss developing a healthy relationship with food and exercise in eating disorder recovery. Key takeaways:
- Intuitive Eating is how I rebuilt my relationship with food
- Focus on the “WHY” behind what you eat and when you exercise
- Aim for commitment rather than obsession
All links and other resources mentioned in the video are listed at the bottom of this article.
OTHER VIDEOS IN THIS SERIES:
- “Is Eating Disorder Recovery Possible?” https://youtu.be/VCUK-koIxE0
- “How long does eating disorder recovery take?” https://youtu.be/CwDjkoRuxdo
- “How did I find the courage to share my story?” https://youtu.be/JA77yrbxqiw
Video Links + Resources:
- BOOK: “Intuitive Eating” by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- BOOKS: “Women, Food, and God” and “Breaking Free From Emotional Eating” by Geneen Roth
- Articles on Intuitive Eating: https://liberomagazine.com/?s=intuitive+eating
- ARTICLE “Adjusting to New Foods in Recovery”: https://liberomagazine.com/eatingdisorders/adjusting-new-foods-recovery
- Articles on exercise + ED recovery: https://liberomagazine.com/?s=exercise
- ARTICLE “Exercise in Eating Disorder Recovery: a Personal Trainer’s Perspective”: https://liberomagazine.com/?s=exercise
- VIDEO “Healthy Exercise: Obsession vs. Commitment”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP02haOYwvM
- Libero’s STOP FITSPIRATION campaign: https://liberomagazine.com/stopfitspiration
- @STOPFITSPIRATION on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stopfitspiration
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical professional; I am simply someone who has lived through various mental health struggles. Any opinions (unless stated otherwise) are my own and nothing mentioned in these videos should be considered medical advice. Always talk to a medical professional and/or your own recovery team before making any changes to your lifestyle or treatment plan.
If you enjoyed this article, please donate $2
As a nonprofit, we rely on donations to keep our magazine and community running. If you enjoyed this article, please consider donating:
Report ad as harmful | Ad Policy
Don't Like Seeing Ads? We are a nonprofit and ads are one way we raise money to keep our site and projects going. If you don't like to see ads on our site, signup for monthly donations and help us fully fund ourselves through donations!
The opinions and information shared in this article may not represent that of Libero Network Society. We hold no liability for any harm that may incur from reading content on our site. Please always consult your own medical professionals before making any changes to your medication, activities, or recovery process.