Support our Nonprofit Magazine!
Before you start reading... There has never been a time when our community and content was needed more. Unlike other sites, we don't publish sponsored content or share affiliate links. We also don’t run ads on our site and don’t have any paywalls in front of our content–-anyone can access all of it for free.
This means we rely on donations from our community (people like YOU!) to keep our site running. We want to be here to support you all through this pandemic and beyond, which is why we are asking you to consider donating whatever you are able.
A single (or monthly) donation of just $5 will make a HUGE difference and will help keep our nonprofit running so we can continue offering peer support for mental health through our content.
In this video, I answer: “Is eating disorder recovery possible?” Key takeaways:
- First, I share the importance of finding your own definition of “recovery/recovered”
- Next, I share what my definition was for myself
- Then, I share what my life looks like now, post-recovery
All links and other resources mentioned in the video are listed at the bottom of this article.
OTHER VIDEOS IN THIS SERIES:
- “How long does eating disorder recovery take?” https://youtu.be/CwDjkoRuxdo
- “Food & Exercise in Eating Disorder Recovery” https://youtu.be/nVTGj7VNXpw
- “How did I find the courage to share my story?” https://youtu.be/JA77yrbxqiw
Video Links + Resources:
- Articles about eating disorder recovery on Libero: https://liberomagazine.com/eatingdisorders/
- Recovery stories on Libero: https://liberomagazine.com/stories
Lauren is the Founder of Libero Magazine. She started Libero in April 2010, when she shared her story about her struggles with an eating disorder and depression. Now, Lauren uses her writing and videos to advocate for mental health. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, playing cozy video games, and taking selfies with her 65lb goldendoodle, Zoey.
SITE DISCLAIMER: The opinions and information shared in any content on our site, social media, or YouTube channel may not represent that of Libero Network Society. We are not liable for any harm incurred from viewing our content. Always consult a medical professional before making any changes to your medication, activities, or recovery process. Libero does not provide emergency support. If you are in crisis, please call 1-800-784-2433 or another helpline or 911.