Most of the time, eating disorder recovery will mean that your body is transforming physically; for some people, a lot, and for others, too much. Regardless of the amount of actual physical change that might occur during the initial stages of recovery, chances are you are going to feel uncomfortable in your own skin and this is completely normal and to be expected.
This is a new beginning for you and your relationship with your body. The most important thing to focus on at this point is how you feel in your body rather than how you look.
Here are some ways to cultivate a new positive body image during this time:
1. Limit the time spent in front of or around mirrors.
2. Limit the amount of times you change clothes when you are deciding on what to wear.
3. Wear clothing that you feel comfortable in and that does not make you self conscious about your appearance.
4. Feel good physically in your body by gently stretching and moving but not compulsively.
5. Avoid body talk about other people and about yourself. Keep the conversations (in your head and outside of your head) away from appearance.