Libero is a Canadian nonprofit organization that offers peer-support for mental health. Selling products is one way we raise funds to support our work. When deciding where to source our products, Hope Art stood out as the perfect partnership because of their own philanthropic work. Hope Art employs women in Zambia and South Africa (many of whom are widows), allowing them to earn a living by making the products. 100% of Hope Art’s profits are then invested into the lives of vulnerable and orphaned children in Western Zambia by providing clean drinking water, food, shelter, education, and healthcare to these children.
All proceeds from our LiberoxHopeArt products are split 50/50 between our two organizations (Libero and Hope Art) to support both of our causes!
Our collaboration products include:
- Sock Critters: adorable animal stuffies made from socks. Some of our top-sellers are lions, unicorns, baby zebra, and narwhal!
- Jewelry: bracelets and necklaces made from hand-rolled paper beads with inspirational words like “Free” “Beautiful” and “Brave”.
- Accessories: an assortment of accessories include keychains made from crochet hearts, small coin pouches made from African fabric, and our trendy scrunchies!
- Holiday Items: special items made just for the holidays include crochet heart tree ornaments with sparkly paper beads, small Christmas tree baubles made from rolled cardboard and sparkles, and adorable reindeer sock critters.
Where to buy
Currently, we sell these products around the Lower Mainland at craft markets and other events. Please see the list below for upcoming events we will be selling them at. If you are hosting an event or own a store and would like us to sell our products there, please contact us!
We hope to have an online store soon, though shipping the larger critters at an affordable rate is difficult. However, if you are interested in purchasing products, please reach out to us, we can let you know what’s available in stock and get a shipping quote for you. If you live locally (within the Lower Mainland) then we may be able to arrange pickup.
Upcoming events we’ll be at with products:
We are currently done all of our events for 2019. However, we are working hard to see if we can get into any more Christmas Markets. Please keep checking this space. If you know of an event that may be a good fit or are hosting an event, please contact us!
This year was our first year doing Craft Markets and we are so grateful for the support we received! We were honoured to be at:
- West Coast Christmas Show (November)
- Cloverdale Christmas Craft Fair (November)
- Cloverdale Summer Craft Fair (July)
- Cloverdale Market Days (May-September)
Note: these images are samples of products we’ve had available. All items are handmade and unique and we are constantly coming up with new designs and receiving new variations.
For product inquiries or bulk orders, please fill out our [CONTACT FORM]
How the Products are Made
Every Libero x Hope Art product is handmade with care by women in Zambia and South Africa. Our Founder has been to the Hope Art location in Mongu, Zambia, and has met many of the women who are grateful to be employed by this amazing organization! The stuffies are made with socks, the beads are made with rolled paper, and the hearts are all crocheted.