In today’s video, I talk about the three steps of forgiveness. Forgiveness is important for our relational health and our mental health as a whole.
Step 1: Forgive Yourself
- Forgive yourself and don’t blame yourself any longer
- Note: forgiveness doesn’t imply blame is warranted (e.g. in situations of abuse)
- Forgiveness is about offering yourself grace
Step 2: Forgive the Other Person
- The other person doesn’t need to be present or even aware
- Find your reasons for forgiving (e.g. they didn’t know any better OR for your own closure etc…)
- Forgiving doesn’t necessarily mean the person should be allowed back into your life
Step 3: Let Go (and be free!)
- The final step towards healing
- Leave the situation in the past and move forward
- This is where you find freedom
When you hate, the only one that suffers is you because most of the people you hate don’t know it and the rest don’t care. (source: Ghosts of Mississippi)
watch + subscribe here: https://youtu.be/yYiWdXZ0Tzs
Share this video:
Are you enjoying this article? We are a nonprofit and rely on donations to run our magazine and community. If you are enjoying this article, would you consider making a $2 donation?
Support our nonprofit by shopping from our NEW Giving Shop!
Click Here to visit the shop!