In today’s video, I talk about the three steps of forgiveness. Forgiveness is important for our relational health and our mental health as a whole.
Step 1: Forgive Yourself
- Forgive yourself and don’t blame yourself any longer
- Note: forgiveness doesn’t imply blame is warranted (e.g. in situations of abuse)
- Forgiveness is about offering yourself grace
Step 2: Forgive the Other Person
- The other person doesn’t need to be present or even aware
- Find your reasons for forgiving (e.g. they didn’t know any better OR for your own closure etc…)
- Forgiving doesn’t necessarily mean the person should be allowed back into your life
Step 3: Let Go (and be free!)
- The final step towards healing
- Leave the situation in the past and move forward
- This is where you find freedom
When you hate, the only one that suffers is you because most of the people you hate don’t know it and the rest don’t care. (source: Ghosts of Mississippi)
watch + subscribe here: https://youtu.be/yYiWdXZ0Tzs
Share this video:
Are you enjoying this article?
We are a nonprofit and depend on donations to keep running. If you are enjoying this article, would you consider making a $2 donation?
If you enjoyed this article, please donate $2
As a nonprofit, we rely on donations to keep our magazine and community running. If you enjoyed this article, please consider donating:
Report ad as harmful | Ad Policy
Don't Like Seeing Ads? We are a nonprofit and ads are one way we raise money to keep our site and projects going. If you don't like to see ads on our site, signup for monthly donations and help us fully fund ourselves through donations!
The opinions and information shared in this article may not represent that of Libero Network Society. We hold no liability for any harm that may incur from reading content on our site. Please always consult your own medical professionals before making any changes to your medication, activities, or recovery process.