In this video, I talk about the transition I made from being “in recovery” and an active part of the recovery community to moving beyond recovery.
I offer some tips on how to make the transition a bit easier for you and also explain why this transition is important in the first place.
- As you move forward, your focus on recovery should become less and less, and your focus on life should increase.
- In order to have a “life” to focus on after recovery, you need to begin to develop one while still in recovery.
- I recommend making a list of things you want to do / how you want your life to look after recovery (hobbies, career goals, etc.) This can serve as a “vision board” so to speak.
- Remember, by transitioning out of the recovery community (or changing your engagement with it), you are not abandoning anybody (I explain in the video).
- Lastly, remember, you don’t enter recovery so you can stay there forever, you enter recovery so you can have a life afterwards!
Watch here: http://youtu.be/MSumClb9mi0 (and don’t forget to subscribe!)
The opinions and information shared in this article may not represent that of Libero Network Society. We hold no liability for any harm that may incur from reading content on our site. Please always consult your own medical professionals before making any changes to your medication, activities, or recovery process.